Dont Forget Bracelets



To raise money to help find a cure for Alzheimer's, I braided a total of 71 bracelets and sold them for three dollars each. I was able to raise $213 from bracelets sales. Including the extra donations some people gave me, the total amount of money I raised was $233. The money I raised was donated to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of my grandmother, Lynn Klein. I bought the material for my bracelets from Ben Franklin and I added charms to some of the bracelets to increase interest and to help raise more money. These bracelets took about twenty minutes to make, although this was a tiring process, I had fun discovering new ways of braiding bracelets. Here are some pictures of finished bracelets set up for me to sell.



I accomplished raising $233 and reaching my goal and exceeding my original goal of $200. I am really happy that I was able to reach my goal. There were challenging times when I thought I wouldn't be able to raise that much money, but I worked around it and exceeded my goal. After all my hard work, it was really satisfying to donate the money I earned to the Alzheimer's Association. The picture below is the certificate I got after donating the money online to this organization.



Creating and selling these bracelets in order to raise money to donate to the Alzheimer's Association shows quality because I dedicated a lot of my time into making 71 bracelets to sell. I am dedicated to selling my bracelets and raising money in honor of my grandmother. In order to sell these bracelets I had to step out of my comfort zone and ask people if they would like to buy and explain my quality project. I got turned down sometimes but that wouldn't stop my motivation. Here is a slide show of my selling process when I sold bracelets at my church. Since my grandmother went to church, she was good friends with a lot of the members. I was inspired to see how many people bought bracelets and helped raise money to donate to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of Lynn Klein.